People and organisations come to us with problems and opportunities and we provide a supportive process to clarify issues, challenges, likely impacts and help them deliver viable route maps forward.
In current times, as our sector looks to recover from the pandemic, we are supporting our clients to adapt their business models.
Recently this includes:
- Farnham, which was made a World Craft City in 2020, where BK is working with the town council to use this opportunity to reinvigorate the town centre, using vacant premises and collaborating with a wide range of local producers to revitalise the visitor experience
- Durham, where BK worked with Durham City Council on rethinking the Millennium Square which is a group of buildings housing different activities and in need of imaginative regeneration and cohesive placemaking
- Newcastle, where we undertook a study of city centre buildings which might be repurposed as studio spaces for the Theatre Royal
During the pandemic and its aftermath we have worked intensively with clients to support change including:
- Developing strategic business plans including the Civic, Tallaght, Tyne Theatre & Opera House and Liverpool’s Royal Court. In each of these cases, there has been a focus on sustainability, diversity and role and position in the cultural and civic ecology post Covid
- Working collaboratively with clients to build on new activities, income streams and audiences including Ushaw Historic House, Chapels & Gardens in County Durham
- Supporting Strathearn Artspace in Perthshire to review its governance and management systems
- Helping venues successfully reopen such as the Barrington Centre, Ferndown, Dorset
Over the years we have helped many clients (of all types and scale) design and achieve change including: Abbey Theatre Ireland, Aberdeen Performing Arts, Barbican Centre, English Pen, National Theatre of Scotland, Ovalhouse / Brixton House, Northampton Theatres, Queens Hall Edinburgh, Roundhouse, Royal Opera House, Sadlers Wells, Scottish Sculpture Workshop, Yorkshire Dance. These assignments variously include governance, management and staffing development and the refinement of business models and processes.
For the Abbey, Citymoves Dance Agency and Scottish Youth Theatre we have further provided services as Transition Director.